Friday, November 8, 2013

Week 13

October 28- November 1, 2013
Heyy mom I'm sorry about the email but last week while I was writing the power went out so I couldn't do anything about it!! I got the short email off and I was typing the other one and down went the power!!!!  I loved the costumes hahah yours looked pretty scary what was Tobie and Saydi for Halloween????   I'm sure dad didn't dress up or he went as Bishop Roberts!!! hahah  I am doing good we had transfers today and I am staying in Magoanine with Elder Robinson!!!!! And I got some recipes from her but not a lot!!!! We haven't had the weddings and baptism yet because when we open the wedding process it takes 2 weeks to go through and we can pick them up on Wednesday so the baptisms will be this week we have 2 families getting baptized and one youth who is 16!!!  So this will be a good week  and we also hope to have 1 or 2 other families starting on their papers so we could have 4 families baptized this transfer if we work our freaking butts off and everything goes right!!!!!  I will try to explain the photos better from now on and yes that was the baptismal font and my companion is the other blonde haired one!!!! And the one who got his call is Alexio and he is going to Angola!!!!!!  And yes we have 3 albinos in our ward but they are really cool guys!!!! One of them has served a mission and the others haven't yet but they will!! Believe it or not there are a lot of albinos here I have seen about 30 in my area!!! The names of the albinos are Bennindito, Naldo, and Edmundo!!!
Monday:it was raining so we went and cleaned the house and then played a card game called munchkins and it was freaking fun!!! and I won!!!! hahah later that night we went to our best family's house  Carlos and Joanna! they will be baptized this week!!!! but they were prepared by the lord!!!!!!
Tuesday:we have had a tough few weeks finding new investigators and getting contacts we walk around all day and talk to 100 people and get lessons with like 7  it is very tough and frustrating!!! but we had one lesson with a youth today it was good we taught him about the 10 commandments and before we started he had some friends over studding for midterms and one kid asked if we thought George Washington was going to heaven and I said yes and then he was like but he wasn't a member of your church!! hahah What 16 year old from Africa asks that kind of question!!! We told him if he came to church we would answer his question!! hahah
Wednesday: we went on divisions with the zone leaders I was with Elder Peterson!!! He is the one Uncle Mark knows!! hahah We had like 2 lessons  it was a crappy day and we got like 3 contacts!!! We also had about 6 lessons fall,  it sucked!! But my stomach hated me that day  I had the runs for the first time since I've been here!! hahah but we were in a lesson with one of our investigators Alberto and Carolina and I thought I was going to explode hahah I made it out of the lesson and we ran home and I made it safely!!!
Thursday: today was another crappy day we had 8 new lessons fall!!!!!!!! but we did get  one more new investigator that night and he came to church so that was good and we did get to have dinner at Carlos and Joannas house they always feed us like every time we go over!!!! Its great!! They fed us chima and colvey!! chima is just corn flour and water mixed and heated untill it becomes like a really really thick mashed potatoes with no taste!! hahah and colvey is a plant and I don't know whats in it!!! hahah
Friday: was another slow day!!! We had all of our 6 1st lessons drop but we did get a lot of contacts!! so that was good.
Saturday:  We  had  all of our new lessons fall again!! It is very frustrating but we just have to keep on at it!! We had lessons with Alberto and Carolina which was good!! He is all in to it but she doesn't get what we say in the lessons and doesn't always pay attention!! So we have to find out a way that she will listen!!! So our new big projects are to get Carolina to participate in the lessons and find a new way to find people to teach!!! Oh and our investigators Carlos and Joanna are moving on Thursday to a place like 30 min away out of our area so we are helping them move but they will still be baptized on Saturday!!!!! All is well here I just need to work hard and be obedient!!! love you guys!! tchau!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment