Thursday, June 19, 2014

Week 45 I have officially less than one year left!

Hi family your favorite missionary is doing great!! I have officially less than one year left!! I loved when dad just let us buy everything it was great!!!!!(junk food for EFY) hahah Tobies roommate sounds like a goof. How was Saydi's roommate? hahah dad and his bribing!!! (bribing Kade with a new fishing pole if he will play for baseball all stars) and wow mom you are being really lazy!!(because of my hurt back) have you not read the scriptures Alma 24:18 And this they did, it being in their view a testimony to God, and also to men, that they never would use weapons again for the shedding of man’s blood; and this they did, vouching and covenanting with God, that rather than shed the blood of their brethren they would give up their own lives; and rather than take away from a brother they would give unto him; and rather than spend their days in idleness they would labor abundantly with their hands!!!!! hahaha but I'm glad your are feeling better!!! That's awesome that Saydi will get her patriarchal blessing. SWEET A NEW TRUCK what kind and when? hahah Tobie is a cry baby bed wetter just like me dad and everyone in our family when it come to that kind of stuff!!!!(bearing our testimony) that would be nice if they started building houses because dad can drill the wells!!( Wickenburg Ranches but he doesn't know they already have water.) and that's crazy about Linsey and her baby!! 10 weeks early!!!  wow and I just started crying because of the Dr Pepper!!!(sad because  the post office won't let us mail him some.)
But this week for me went great!! We are working hard and now we are focusing on finding which has been our weakness! So we have been doing a lot of door to door contacts lately and it has been working better than street contacts because we know were they live so if they don't answer their phone we just show up!!! but last week in district meeting our district leader challenged us to work on one attribute of Christ  I chose diligence because I have been realizing I am getting a little lazy on a few simple things like we would come home 10-15 min early if we had nothing to do but this past week we have stayed out until 9 and we have had a lot of success in the late hours!! but I will try to work on being more diligent! but next email tell me what you want me to write because I have no idea so I just kind of ramble on until I don't know what else to say!! hahah  but I love you guys and I think it would be awesome if you guys went on a mission!!!
Love Elder Roberts

     This may be a dumb question and I could probably google it but do they celebrate Fathers Day in Africa. no we don't celebrate it here
·       How do you like the big head pictures?  I got some for Wendy and Valarie too.  Now you can be in all of our pictures. I liked them I laughed a  lot
·       What are you doing for P-day today? football
·       Most exciting thing that happened to you this week? branch split
·       Has your companion got his Visa yet?   Not that I know of
·       Number of Families you are teaching right now? 4
·       How many times have you read the Book of Mormon since you have been out there?  3 and now I'm reading it in Portuguese
·       Most important thing your companion has taught you? patience
·       Something that you have improved on since being on your mission? praying every day and reading every day!!
·       When are the next transfers? 4 weeks
       Are you getting the pictures I am sending you?yes
        Don’t you just love my question?  sometimes



An exciting thing happened this past weekend in Taylors Area of Beira they split some branches today.  Here are some more questions that I asked Taylor in another email.  
Do you guys always stand when you sing?NO IT WAS AN INTER-MEDIAL HYM
Who was the family you were standing next to were they investigators or members? THAT WAS BOA VENTURA
Your church looked pretty big, do you have stake centers, do you even have a stake yet?THAT WAS THE BIGGEST CHURCH IN BERIA ITS LIKE THE STAKE CENTER BUT WE STILL DON'T HAVE STAKES BUT THAT'S OUR GOAL IS TO HAVE 4 STAKES BY NEXT JUNE.
(Taylors head is behind the leaf)



Chamba Branch, Branch Macurungo, Mascarenhas, Maraza, now the district of Beira has 12 units! Today the two meetings we had with 1220 people total. And it still lacked the branch Inhamizua and Dondo!







22 Complete families baptized





No comments:

Post a Comment